Tuesday 18 December 2012

French macarons: round two

Sooo, I made some more macarons today. 

Earl grey macarons with a honey butterceam filling to be exact. 

I was a little nervous since the batch I made yesterday wasn't as successful as I had hoped. It rained yesterday evening and was pretty cloudy all morning, but as soon as the sun peeked out of those clouds I was determined to give it another try. Just had to redeem myself, you know? 

So, how did they turn out?




...extremely well! Yay!

This time I folded the mixture a little less during the macaronage stage because I wanted the macarons to be a bit chubbier. I also let them sit for longer than 15 minutes, when I could really feel that shell before baking. I also baked them for much longer and made use of my (recently purchased, teehee) offset spatula to get them off. They didn't require much effort though. I'm happy to report that there were very few casualties this time - I'd say this batch was quite successful.

This is what they looked like before and after baking:

Before baking


After baking - yay feet!

Again, the recipe I used was from this website. I was really pleased with the results! I think the next macaron I make will either be vanilla or green tea flavoured... or maybe both, who knows ;).


Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment